Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Contemplation 64...

no repeats.
or hesitations.

As kids, we played games such as concentration 64, ms mary mac, etc.
Nothing was more important than jinxing your friend, before they jinxed you.
Now, however it seems there is no room in this world for playing games, and being carefree.

There are more important things.
School
Work
Success
Growing up...

I always wanted to grow up faster, but now that i'm in the middle of it I just want to be a kid again. Life was simple back then. No worries.

Now all I seem to know is worry. Who could blame me either? I mean, if you turn on the news for 5 minutes you will here stories of death, poverty, violence, sadness, destruction and so much more.

Tonight I am going to the viewing of a man who was healthy, and great in general, but died in his sleep. He left behind 3 children whom I've grown up with. And then later in the week I am going to a funeral for someone else from my church.

How is that fair?! A man, who was my fathers age by the way, leaves behind 3 children who are still in school and a wife who loved him. And we all just have to continue on with life. The world doesn't stop for anyone. I guess the following is true:
"No one said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."


All I want is to be worry-free again, back to a time when mommy was the greatest and could fix anything with a kiss. It seems like ages ago. But has it really been that long? Now I've got new friends, friends from when I was a baby, and I will continue to grow up and make more friends.
But I will never be worry-free again.

No comments: